Chef John's Caramel Chicken



I haven't found a Chef John recipe that I haven't liked. I had never heard of this dish, but apparently it's a common vietnamese dish, and I just happened to have all of the ingredients on hand. I loved it so much that I made it the following week as well, so yummy! It's a very sweet dish but the salty tang of the soy sauce, fish sauce and vinegar balances it out and it's super yummy, great over rice. It was nice to try something easy and a little different, and it was doable for a weeknight meal for sure.

Definitely watch the video, besides being entertaining, there are some good tips from Chef John about how to make this dish. The second time I made it, I used a little less water, if any, to decrease the time it took for the sauce to reduce.

Chef John's Caramel Chicken on Allrecipes.com

Comments

  1. Wow, that looks really good!!! We just made Chicken Kabsa recently, I think mom would really like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My Cake Decorating Gallery

Cake Decorating Adventures