Quick Caprese Sandwich



I still had some ingredients leftover from the cooking club (fresh mozzarella, basil, tomato... like Margherita pizza) and I was busy busy busy making my buche de noel so I didn't have much time for cooking (nor did I want to make a bigger pile of dishes to clean!) I had some ciabatta bread and cut one open into two slices and made myself a little "pizza" and put it under the broiler.

Dressed it with olive oil, salt and pepper, and I like mine with a dash of balsamic vinegar (hubby doesn't).



As you can see, I cleaned my plate!



Quick Caprese Sandwich



2-3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
6-10 sprigs of fresh basil, rinsed
1 medium tomato, sliced (or 1 or 2 romas)
ciabatta bread or your choice of "crust" (sliced if necessary)
olive oil to dress (1 tbsp maybe)
splash of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Start broiler on High in oven. Place bread/crusts on broiler-safe pan and assemble the following: tomato, basil, cheese. Pop into the oven and broil until cheese starts to turn brown and bubbly and juices start flowing out. Drizzle olive oil, vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste - eat immediately.

Comments

My Cake Decorating Gallery

Cake Decorating Adventures