Smoked Salmon Frittata


This was just a fun recipe to try from Barefoot Contessa's, Ina Garten. My parents were coming over for brunch and The Husband was out of town so it was a great time to try something unusual. This recipe popped up in my search and I knew my parents would love it, plus it just sounded tasty.

It turned out excellent and I think it would make a great addition to anyone's menu - breakfast or dinner! In fact, since I delayed finishing this post so long, my parents actually requested it again for their visit after the holidays. I'm not really into smoked fish that much, so if you're like me, you may still love this dish - it has a nice balance with the dill and my favorite part was the tangy pockets of fresh goat cheese.


Smoked Salmon Frittata
as seen here, by Ina Garten


Ingredients
1 medium onion, diced
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
12 extra-large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
4 ounces fresh goat cheese, such as Montrachet, crumbled
1/2 pound smoked salmon, chopped
3 scallions, chopped, white and light green parts
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper



Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Saute the onion and butter in a 10-inch oven-proof omelet pan over medium-low heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the heavy cream, goat cheese, smoked salmon, scallions, dill, salt, and pepper and combine. Pour the mixture over the onions and place the omelet pan in the center of the oven.


Bake the frittata for about 50 minutes, until it puffs and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve hot directly from the pan.

Comments

My Cake Decorating Gallery

Cake Decorating Adventures