Still The Ultimate Quiche



Today was my "bagel day" for the bagel club at work, and we have so many people in the club that the last time I brought in bagels was like February or something. I always like to do something a little special in addition to just bagels and donuts and coffee (Panera for bagels and coffee and Knapp's for the best donuts, in my opinion!) and I thought this time I would make a double batch of my Ultimate Quiche recipe that has turned out well in the past (Except for in Montana for whatever reason which caused me to believe my original post was in err but turns out it is correct!) I whipped up a batch of the recipe noted in my original Ultimate Quiche post here. I did make a few changes because of what I had on hand, so I just wanted to point that out:

* I only used 2 cups of heavy cream (actually slightly less and the rest was filled up with skim milk) and this didn't reduce the richness or deliciosity (haha not a word) at all

* I forgot to buy gruyere but luckily I had 6oz at home so I used monterrey jack cheese as the rest of the cheese and it turned out wonderfully, so any mix of swiss/white cheese is probably delightful.

I made the same changes to the original recipe as I did last time - used an 11x17 pan, doubled the recipe, used 1 lb bacon, probably extra fresh grated nutmeg, and it was done after the 45 minute mark. I also had no problem baking this the night before, letting it cool mostly and then suran-wrapping it to sit in the fridge overnight. Then when I woke up, I popped it in the oven at 350 while I got ready for work for 40-50 minutes, and even an hour and a half later, by the time I got to work, the quiche was still warm and just delicious. This is a great recipe for a make-ahead breakfast or brunch and it works very well reheated or being served at room temperature. My boss even said it was "divine" and I already gave the recipe out to another coworker. So if you are looking for a delicious alternative to doughnuts and bagels as a breakfast to bring into the office, try this quiche recipe and you won't disappoint. Thanks to Chris again for this recipe. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Andy and I still talk about that quiche, man is it awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My Cake Decorating Gallery

Cake Decorating Adventures