Sandwiches for the Boys

The Husband had a "boys weekend" and I thought they might need some snacks before I left for some girl time myself. I left work a little early and ran over to Nino Salvaggio's and got one of those big ciabatta loafs, some sliced meats, fresh tomatoes, and other goodies needed. It's been a few months but I think the basic makeup of this sandwich was the following:

* 1 ciabatta loaf (like 15in long and 6 inches wide), sliced in half lengthwise and extra bread on the inside dug out

* Spread  the inside of breads with your favorite mustard, such as dijon or that fabulous Honeycup honey mustard with that sharp horseradish bite to it

* Stack up your meats on the bottom layer of mustard - sliced ham, smoked turkey, genoa salami, or anything else your meat lovers enjoy

* Top with your favorite cheese - swiss, provolones were chosen here since they are favorite for The Husband

* Top with thinly sliced onions, roma tomatoes, and some fresh lettuce or spinach

* Drizzle sandwich/sub dressing (sorta like italian dressing) on top of the lettuce and I like to also sprinkle some italian seasoning on top of that

* Before topping with the top layer of bread, spread a hefty layer of olive tapanade (chopped olives in olive oil) and then place that on top of everything else

* Cut into little bites and enjoy.. this would be good for a football party or something like that. I even got out my cute little bambo toothpicks for the occasion. By the time I was home from Natalie's, the sandwiches were long gone!

Comments

My Cake Decorating Gallery

Cake Decorating Adventures