My Baby Shower Invites!



I had ordered these super cute baby shower invites from TinyPrints and I had them sent to my mom's house since I was going to be gone on a long East Coast Trip and they needed to get in the mail. Well, during my trip my mom kept saying she was surprised they hadn't arrived. I didn't understand that since they really should've been there... sure enough they weren't even there by the time I got back. To make a long story short, the problem wasn't with TinyPrints but with the post office, who delivered them a week before the shower, for some odd reason. TinyPrints was super cool about it, sent a second shipment and gave me a great gift card (which I used for some fabulous baby announcements) and really it was a shame all those shower invites will go to waste but maybe I can find a use for them someday if I get out some scrapbooking materials.



Speaking of scrapbooking, about 3 weeks before the shower I had to give up on the ordered invites and figure out a plan B. I wasn't too keen on just buying some crappy invites at a store but I was also really busy and tired so I wasn't sure if I'd have time to make some special ones.
 I decided to just go at least try to find something I could improve upon and headed over to Target. I then went to Michaels to compare, and then back to Target to get these polkadot invites, and then I went back to Michaels to get some materials to dress them up - some card stock, vellum and linen paper, some ribbon, etc.

I covered up the writing on the store-bought invitations with some yellow linen paper and then printed out the invitation writing on some see-through vellum, and I trimmed the top of the invite with some green stitched ribbon with some sparkles. I also printed out some ducky pictures on cardstock and punched them out and mounted them ona thick adhesive to get a 3-D effect. 

I think they turned out super cute and I was even more proud of them than I would've been of my TinyPrints invites, even though it took several hours to put them together. I finally got the shower invites out in the mail and I was super annoyed that they were only a few weeks before the event. Had I known the first ones weren't going to arrive, I would've handmade them ages ago. Then it was time to start working on the shower favors which I was also going to make!

Comments

  1. Last week i went to a Baby shower invitation. the centerpiece decoration was awesome, many new ideas of arranging baby shower i got there.





    Baby Shower Invitations

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful invites! I'd love to do something similar for my sister's shower. Do you remember where you got the duck pictures?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My Cake Decorating Gallery

Cake Decorating Adventures