Mmmm Mojitos


We've been having lots of mojitos around lately and here's just a quick snap shot of one of them. We tried to make a mint julep but sweetened Southern Comfort with mashed up mint was... not that great. I could kinda see how it might be good and maybe there is a secret to the preparation or Southern Comfort might be the wrong bourbon. The Husband and I still contend that the best use of mint is for the mojito!!

Check out the recipe I already posted a while ago if you want to make one at home yourself. I also am typically too lazy to make sugar syrup so I just mash the sugar (about 3 tablespoons to 2 tbsp fresh lime juice and 2 tbsp rum) with 8 mint sprigs and keep stirring it to try and dissolve it as best you can. It works and simplifies things a bit.


Comments

My Cake Decorating Gallery

Cake Decorating Adventures