Sugar Free Flour-less Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake


My dad does a great job of avoiding sugar and flour for the most part and this is a great way to eat to control your weight and increase your overall health. It can be tricky cooking and baking for people with this type of a diet restriction but it doesn't mean everything has to be bland and a salad. For my dad's recent birthday, I wanted to try something new but hopefully tasty. I came across a flourless peanut butter cookie recipe - it only uses peanut butter, sugar and an egg, and some one in the comments said they successfully used splenda. I also know how to easily make a no-bake cheesecake and my dad loves chocolate, so I thought why not try and put these two things together to make a yummy dessert?

It worked out great! I mixed up the peanut butter with splenda and the egg and mashed into the bottom of a springform pan - depending on the size of the pan you use, you might want to double the batch of dough. I used a small pan, 8" and made sure I had enough dough to go up the sides quite a bit so that it would look nice.
I popped it in a 350 degree oven and baked until set and slightly browning on the edges, around 15 minutes.

Then, with softened cream cheese, one container of sugar free CoolWhip (my dad loves CoolWhip and homemade whipped cream would not hold up over time), several tablespoons of cocoa and enough splenda to sweeten the deal. Some vanilla and chopped sugar-free chocolates or other candies would be a good mix-in to add into the center of this cheesecake - or how about some toasted nuts? There are many possibilities!

I think I chopped up some sugar free chocolates and mixed them in and also melted some to add to the cocoa chocolate flavor, but I can't quite remember.

After pouring the cheesecake filling into the cooled pre-baked peanut butter cookie shell, just pop into the fridge to set up for a few hours or overnight - if you can keep your hands off of it for that long! I used a canister of whipped cream to decorate the top, also. Some chocolate drizzles or nuts would also be a nice touch, or berries if you think that might go with peanut butter. I'm not sure!

I think a pinch of cinnamon might be nice for the crust, also.

Sugar Free Flour-Less Peanut Butter Crust with Sugar Free No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake


For the Crust:
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar (I used splenda as a sugar free substitute)
1 whole egg

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix up in your mixer and spread evenly into a springform cake pan - size of your choice. If this is not enough dough for your size pan, make another batch. A pinch of cinnamon might be a nice touch.

Bake in the oven until slightly browned on the edges and set, about 15 minutes or so, depending on how thick you've made the crust.

Let cool thoroughly.

For the Cheesecake:
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 small carton (1.5 cups) of sugar free cool whip
vanilla
several tablespoons of cocoa powder - make it as chocolately as you'd like!
splenda - 8 tablespoons or enough to sweeten the mixture to your taste

Add Ins and Toppings:
Toasted nuts, chopped sugar free chocolates, sugar free chocolate sauce, melted sugar free chocolates swirled in, more peanut butter, vanilla, almond extract, etc

Thoroughly mix the cream cheese with the cool whip, cocoa, splenda, vanilla, and any of the other add-ins that you'd like to use. Pour into the prepared crust and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Top with toppings and decorations of your choice, serve, and enjoy!

My dad really liked this treat and I hope you will too! I thought it was pretty good considering no sugar and no flour. Yum!

Comments

My Cake Decorating Gallery

Cake Decorating Adventures