Brown Butter, Sage and Mushroom Soup



I first found this recipe when eating low carb and looking for new dinner ideas. It is ridiculously good, I made it twice in a row on back to back nights because the second night we were having people over and I couldn't get that soup out of my mind. It's absolutely guest-worthy and if you love your carbs, serve it with some crusty bread (Like the NY Times no-knead rustic bread) and butter on the side or toss in some tiny noodles. Or serve it as a lovely soup course before your dinner. The brown butter and sage -- it's just so delicious. You'll love this easy weeknight soup!

Brown Butter Mushroom Soup with Sage (Low Carb too!)

As seen on the All Day I Dream About Food blog.
6 tbsp butter2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped1 lb mushrooms, sliced4 cups vegetable or chicken stockSalt and pepper to taste1/2 cup heavy cream


Instructions
In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat until it begins to brown and turns fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add sage and cook one minute more.Add mushrooms and stir to coat, then saute until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes.Stir in stock and bring to a simmer. Cook 4 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to food processor or blender (I used my stick immersible blender which I love and makes this so easy!). Blend until smooth.Return to pot and stir in cream. Serve immediately.

Comments

My Cake Decorating Gallery

Cake Decorating Adventures