A No-Worry Delicious Summer Menu


I'm not sure why I felt like spoiling The Husband, but he has been talking about a craving for ribs for a few weeks. Finally, I planned on a special dinner that I would prepare while he was out fishing. I think this would be a perfect menu for a summer dinner party and can be easily adjusted to serve many people, though my portions were for four. See my posts below for the details on each menu item:

Everyone loves good ribs, and finally we have a trusted recipe that results in fall-off-the-bone tender ribs every time. It's fool-proof!

For a tasty and particularly unique potato dish, try Hasselback potatoes. I am looking for a recipe that is similar to how Marios does their potatoes, and came across some tasty Hasselback potato recipes, so I combined a few of them and we really enjoyed the results!

Finally, for a veggie - I made veggie skewers using yellow squash slices, red bell pepper chunks, sweet vidalia onions and mushroom caps. Just drizzle with olive oil and throw on the grill. Dress with fresh herbs, salt, pepper, and more olive oil if desired! A steamed fresh veggie like green beans or something else from your summer garden would also be a nice compliment for the two other rich and zippy dishes.

Last but not least, for dessert we have my mom's strawberry pie. This is an incredibly easy dessert to make and it features fresh strawberries which are finally in season in Michigan!


Comments

  1. Everything looks really yummy. Think I'm going to have to try that rib recipe soon.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping in, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My Cake Decorating Gallery

Cake Decorating Adventures