Asian Marinated Salmon


I just was looking through my photos that I hadn't written any blogs for yet and came across this "Asian Salmon." This was a real quick Friday dinner that ended up being really good so I took a picture. We are not big on seafood but do ocassionally enjoy salmon, walleye, perch, sushi, tilapia, crab, lobster and the occasional shrimp. We love fishing so we often have seafood on hand.. but much of it, especially the pan fish, get sent over to Grandma and Grandpa's. Anyway, I "caught" this salmon over at Nino Salvaggio's and used a purchased marinade that I had never tried before - Soy Vay. Has anyone ever tried Soy Vay? It has a funny story about the company on the back - an Asian and Jewish mix. Anyway, the marinade is excellent and they do have a few flavor variations, too. The basic one is teriyaki and since that salmon, I have used it on pork and flank steak also. I also purchased a spinach salad which you see there on the side, which Nino's throws in those crispy sesame crunches, bacon, egg, honey mustard, etc.. all good stuff. I boiled up some thin spaghettini and dressed it with sesame oil, garlic and scallions. Anyway, I just thought I'd point out that the Soy Vay stuff is pretty good and makes great salmon - this was a really quick dinner but provided a lot of flavor and nutrition! Here is the Soy Vay website - I've seen it in most all stores recently; Here is what it looks like (from www.soyvay.com):

Comments

My Cake Decorating Gallery

Cake Decorating Adventures