My Cake Decorating Gallery

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Quick Weeknight Meal: Turkey Meatball Subs


Just a quick post since it's been a while! This wasn't really following a recipe but since I've been grilling food almost every day for a few weeks, this was just something different that The Husband ended up liking pretty well. I bought some meaty sauce from Nino's and a crusty football shaped bun and we had some provolone on hand. I used about a pound of turkey, some extra breakfast sausage that I had on hand, and then added in an egg, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and italian seasonings such as parsley, garlic, thyme, basil, rosemary, etc.

I rolled meatballs out, pan fried them to brown on all sides and then put them in a casserole dish with the sauce and covered with foil to finish baking through.. Then it was ready to put them on sub buns! I popped the sub into the broiler to melt the cheese and then dinner was served. Some fresh basil would have been nice, also!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Seems like it would be a popular dish with husbands (mine included). BTW I love the appetizer plates on your wish list. I bought similar ones but round from C&B and I use them all the time. Perhaps you should treat yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deepali, thanks for stopping in! In fact I have a gift card to C&B leftover from Christmas and was just thinking about stopping in this week to get those appetizer plates. It's great to hear you love yours and get a lot of use out of them!

    ReplyDelete